Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool, leading the Premier League, secured a commanding victory on the south coast, enhancing their position at the summit. This summary provides a comprehensive look at the key statistics from Sunday’s Bournemouth vs Liverpool encounter.
Key Match Statistics: Bournemouth 0-4 Liverpool
- Liverpool celebrated their third consecutive away victory across all competitions with an 8-0 aggregate score. This marks their first trio of consecutive away wins without conceding since March 2022, where they had a streak of five.
- Darwin Núñez of Liverpool reached a milestone by scoring his 100th and 101st career goals for both club and country. Out of these, he has netted 25 goals for Liverpool (8 Uruguay, 4 Peñarol, 16 Almería, 48 Benfica).
- Bournemouth has struggled historically against Liverpool, suffering 11 defeats and conceding 43 goals, a record surpassed only by their performances against Manchester City. In their last 10 league encounters with Liverpool, the Cherries have conceded three or more goals eight times.
- This match ended Bournemouth’s streak of scoring in their previous 12 Premier League matches and marked their largest home defeat in the league since a 0-4 loss to Arsenal in September.
- Liverpool’s impressive four-goal haul in this away game was a first for the season and their biggest away league victory margin since April 2023’s 6-1 triumph over Leeds.
- Diogo Jota scored twice and assisted, marking his sixth such occasion in the Premier League, with the last five occurrences happening in away matches.
- Darwin Núñez became the first Premier League player this season to achieve double figures in both goals (10) and assists (10) across all competitions.
- Conor Bradley, aged 20 years and 196 days, became the third youngest Liverpool player to assist in a Premier League debut, following Jordon Ibe (May 2013) and Joe Gomez (August 2015).
Bournemouth vs Liverpool: In-Depth Analysis
- The match saw Bournemouth with an XG (expected goals) race and momentum chart.
- A detailed statistical analysis is available through our Opta match centre, covering team and player stats, expected goals data, passing networks, and more, for a complete breakdown of the game.
Stay Updated and Engaged
For those interested in further insights, subscribing to our new football newsletter offers exclusive weekly content.
In conclusion, Liverpool’s resounding 4-0 victory over Bournemouth not only strengthened their lead in the Premier League but also showcased their formidable form, particularly in away games. The match was a testament to the team’s cohesive play, strategic brilliance under Jürgen Klopp, and individual prowess, as highlighted by the achievements of Darwin Núñez and Diogo Jota. The comprehensive statistics and analysis from the match further underscore Liverpool’s dominance and tactical acumen. This victory serves as a significant marker in their campaign, reflecting both the depth of their squad and their potential to maintain a leading position in the league. For fans and analysts alike, this match offers rich insights into Liverpool’s evolving playstyle and strategic strengths as they continue to contend for the top spot in the Premier League.