FanDuel is a prominent sports betting platform that offers a range of innovative features, including round-robin betting. Round-robin betting is a sort of bet that allows you to build several parlays from a single set of picks. This can be a great method to lower your risk while increasing your potential winnings.
This article will teach you all you need to know about how Round Robin work on FanDuel. We will go over the fundamentals of round-robin betting as well as some more advanced tactics. We will also go over the benefits and drawbacks of round-robin betting to help you determine if it is suited for you. This article will assist you in taking your betting game to the next level, whether you are a rookie or an expert bettor.
What is Round Robin?
A round-robin bet merges several parlays into a single wager, drawing its name from the round-robin tournament structure where each team competes against every other team.
To place a round-robin bet, you simply need to select the number of bets you want to create and the number of picks in each bet. The sportsbook will then calculate the odds for each bet and you can place your bets. For example, let’s say you want to place a Round Robin bet on three NFL games. You could create a bet with two picks in each bet, and a total of six bets. Each bet would pay out if two of your three picks win.
How Does Round-Robin Work on FanDuel?
Round-robin betting on FanDuel is a way to place a series of smaller parlays on a larger list of bets. It works by breaking down your parlay into groups of smaller parlays, with each group containing one fewer leg than the original parlay. For example, if you have a four-leg parlay, a round robin would break it down into three three-leg parlays, one four-leg parlay, and four two-leg parlays.
To place a round-robin bet on FanDuel, follow the steps outlined below:
- Add your desired bets to your bet slip.
- Click on the “Round Robin” button.
- Select the number of legs you want to include in your round-robin.
- Review your bet slip and click on the “Place Bet” button.
FanDuel will then automatically calculate the total stake and potential payout for your round-robin bet.
What Does By 2s x3 Wagers Mean?
“By 2s x3 wagers” is a type of Round Robin bet that consists of three 2-leg parlays. This means that you will place three bets, each of which contains two of your selections. If both of your selections in a parlay win, that parlay will win.
To place a “By 2s x3 wagers” bet, you would simply select three of your selections and place a bet on each of the following 2-leg parlays:
- Selection 1 + Selection 2
- Selection 1 + Selection 3
- Selection 2 + Selection 3
If two of your selections win, you will win one of your parlays. If all three of your selections win, you will win all three of your parlays.
“By 2s x3 wagers” bets are a good way to reduce your risk compared to a traditional 3-leg parlay. If one of your selections loses, you will still have a chance to win money with the other two parlays. However, “By 2s x3 wagers” bets are also more expensive than traditional 3-leg parlays, as you are placing three bets instead of one.
Here is an example of a “By 2s x3 wagers” bet:
- Selection 1: Team A to win
- Selection 2: Team B to win
- Selection 3: Team C to win
- Team A to win + Team B to win
- Team A to win + Team C to win
- Team B to win + Team C to win
- If all three teams win, you win all three parlays.
- If two teams win and one team loses, you win one parlay.
- If all three teams lose, you lose all three parlays.
Overall, “By 2s x3 wagers” bets are a good option for bettors who want to reduce their risk compared to a traditional 3-leg parlay, but who are still willing to place a more expensive bet in order to increase their potential winnings.
How Many Can You Lose on Round Robin Bet?
The maximum number of parlays you can lose on a round-robin bet depends on the number of teams you selected and the number of legs you want in each parlay. For example, if you choose three teams and want two teams in each parlay, you can lose two parlays and still win the bet. However, if you choose five teams and want three in each parlay, you can only lose one and still win the bet.
How Does a 2 3 Round Robin Bet Work?
A 2-3 round-robin bet is a type of round-robin bet that combines three two-team parlays and three three-team parlays into a single wager. This means that you are betting on six combinations of two or three teams, and you must win at least one of the parlays to win the bet.
For example, let’s say you want to bet on three NFL games: the Chiefs vs. Raiders, the Bills vs. Dolphins, and the Steelers vs. Bengals. You decide to place a 2-3 round-robin bet.
FanDuel will generate six parlays for you:
- Chiefs vs. Raiders
- Chiefs vs. Bills
- Chiefs vs. Bengals
- Chiefs, Bills, and Raiders
- Chiefs, Bills, and Steelers
- Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals
You can then decide which parlays you want to bet on. If you bet on all six parlays and win all six, you will win the most money. However, you can still win money even if you lose some parlays. For example, if you bet on all six parlays and the Chiefs lose, you will still win money if the Bills and Bengals win.
How Does a Round-Robin Bet Payout?
The payout for a round-robin bet depends on the number of teams you selected, the number of legs in each parlay, and which parlays you win. The more teams you select and the more legs you have in each parlay, the more complex the payout. However, the basic principle is the same: you are paid out for each winning parlay, and the total payout is the sum of the payouts for each winning parlay.
Is a Round-Robin a Good or Bad Bet?
Whether or not a round-robin bet is good or bad depends on your betting goals and risk tolerance.
Advantages of round-robin bets:
- Reduce your risk: Round-robin bets allow you to spread your risk across multiple parlays. This means that you can still win money even if you lose some of the bets.
- Increase your chances of winning: Round-robin bets give you multiple chances to win money. If you win one of the parlays in the round-robin bet, you will win the bet.
- Flexibility: Round-robin bets can be customized to fit your betting style. You can select the number of teams you want to bet on and the number of legs you want in each parlay.
Disadvantages of round-robin bets:
- Complexity: Round-robin bets can be complex and challenging to understand, especially for beginners.
- Lower payouts: Round-robin bets typically have lower payouts than other types, such as straight bets and parlays. This is because the sportsbook takes less risk when you place a round-robin bet.
- More expensive: Round-robin bets can be more costly than other bets. This is because you are placing multiple parlays at the same time.
Are Round Robins Safer Than Parlays?
Round-robin bets are generally safer than parlays. This is because round-robin bets allow you to spread risk across multiple parlays. If one of your parlays in a round-robin bet loses, you can still win money if you win the other parlays.
With a parlay, on the other hand, you must succeed in all of the bets in the parlay to win money. If you lose even one of the bets in a parlay, you lose the entire bet.
Do You Only Need to Win 2 in a Round-Robin?
Yes, you only need to win two legs of a round-robin bet to win the bet, as long as you have at least two legs in each parlay. This is because round-robin bets combine multiple parlays into a single wager. This means that you can still win money even if you lose some of the bets.
In sports betting, mastering different strategies can significantly increase your chances of success. This article has explored the inner workings of the Round Robin betting strategy on FanDuel. We’ve learned that it offers a flexible and versatile approach, allowing bettors to diversify their wagers and potentially maximize their profits.
By understanding how Round Robin bets work, you now possess a valuable tool in your sports betting arsenal. You can create combinations of bets, mitigate risks, and, most importantly, tailor your strategies to suit your preferences and goals.